Join us for a 2 day workshop on Diversity
The purpose of the workshop is to deepen understanding of the complexities of working with diversity and facilitating processes of transformation in organisations, acknowledging that social justice needs to happen internally if organisations are to achieve integrity in their work externally. The workshop will include developing skills and building capacities to work with and courageously address the issues facing organisations.
Outline of the two day workshop
- Contextualising the past in the present
- Deepening our understanding of social justice and transformation
- Critical Diversity Literacy – understanding the deeper dimensions and meanings of diversity – introduction to the terminology
- Reflecting on Internalised Dominance and Internalised Oppression
- Emotional resilience and capacities needed to do the work
- Understanding group process, group dynamics and group fields
- Courageous Conversations as a methodology for working with race and diversity
- Sharing methodologies and approaches that allow organisations to do the deeper work
- Taking action and how to implement a transformation plan in the organisation – a Systems Thinking and Living Systems Approach to working with transformation
The workshop will include:
- Conceptual thinking – new paradigms towards transformation and change
- Critical examination of practice – how this topic impacts on the work organisations do for clients and beneficiaries
- An approach for facilitating new forms of engagement, dialogue and conversing
- A range of social technologies: the practice of active listening and sharing of stories and working with artistic creative methodologies and metaphor
- Leadership and management principles, practices and approaches for working with complexity in race, diversity and transformation
Invitation is open to all, and leaders, managers and decision-makers are encouraged to attend. Participants will have the option of attending complimentary peer learning session/s after the workshop for continued learning.
Desiree Paulsen will be facilitating this session; click here to read more about her work.
DATE: Wednesday 28 – Thursday 29 June 2017
TIME: 09h30 for 10h00 – 16h00
PLACE: Inyathelo, 2nd Floor, The Armoury, Buchanan Square,160 Sir Lowry Road, Woodstock, Cape Town
COST: R1500 excl. VAT. Cost includes teas and lunch.
Registration Deadline: Thursday, 22 June 2017 |Click here for registration form
Note: We have amended the title of this workshop given the existing certified Race, Diversity, Social Justice and Transformation in Organisations course conducted by the Wits Centre for Diversity Studies.